I made a post last month about making goals as a stay-at-home-mom for April. How this was an important component to keeping sane, and having goals that are achievable and to promotion of self-care in motherhood.
I have an update on my April goals, and what I would like to do in May. It seems like April came and dipped. I swear the days are going so much faster now that I’m an adult and have children, compare to when I was a child and had no care in the world about #goals.
- Work out 4x/week —> Work out 2x/week
I realize how much harder it is to find the motivation to work-out when you’re dealing with Postpartum Depression.
- Write in my journal daily with affirmations, negatives to positives, memories, moments —> push yourself to write, even when it’s not much or specific.
- Continue to say one good thing about each family member
..to remind them why you love them, why they are awesome, why they are important..
- Give myself an hour each day – to write in peace —> Give myself 30 mins each day
I don’t always want to write. I don’t always feel like doing anything. But at least, this 30 minutes is open to anything.
- Eat healthier meals and try not to skip meals
This has been very hard. Since there are days when I can’t find it in me to cook. A symptom of Postpartum Depression is, Lost Appetite.
- SMOKE LESS
- Take a break daily
- Complete any wedding stuff on weekends
I have done nothing else about my upcoming wedding. Next on the list is to retrieve our marriage license.
- Start going on walks – a.m. (with kids) and p.m. (by yourself)
- Spend time with each child – separately (again)
- Encourage yourself to be more active by engaging in outdoor activities with the kids
- CELEBRATE YOU each day this month
This month is my birthday month, I hope to do something I love each day –even if it’s something small.
I will complete as many of these goals throughout the month of May, and whatever I don’t complete I will continue to add to the next month’s goal.
Thank you for following my journey on achieving goals. I hope you take from this, and encourage yourself to continue to work on yourself and love yourself!
Please share with me any goals you’ve achieved that are easy and to the point. Maybe I can try it as well!